Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Holidays!

I finally have my husband back and it is WONDERFUL! its like getting to know him all over again lol. School this last semester has taken so much of his time that even when he was home, he wasn't really home. Winter break is only a month but I look forward to spending time with him! I'm hoping that school next semester won't be as bad as this semester but it probably will be. On top of his classes he will most likely be doing an internship as well. This is his last semester at ASU. Part of me wants to shout for joy, then I remember that he will start Law School and that will worse than ASU! Only 3 years and we are done! Thank goodness!! As for now, we will enjoy our brief time together and with family during the holidays.

Health news is not much. My doctor is getting as frustrated as I am with not finding a solution. He has me try Savella, a medicine for fibromyalgia, after about 10 days and getting worse instead of better, he said to stop taking it. That doesn't mean that fibromyalgia isn't an issue. However, this medicine is specifically designed for fibromyalgia so the fact that it didn't work might be a good sign. We are really hoping that I dont have Fbromyalgia. The doctor has decided to send me to a rheumatologist to have tests done. I'm waiting for the referral to come in and the sooner the better. I went back and saw my OB/GYN, I'm getting as frustrated with her as I did with me first doctor. My visits with her are a complete waste of my time. I go in, I wait, wait, wait, she comes in and basically says "How are you doing?" "Alright"....silence....silence....(I am ALWAYS having to start the conversation)..."I stopped taking my medication because of the side effects, I'd like to know my other options" "That and birth control is your only option"...silence...I asked her about another medication that I had read about that can be used for PCOS. her response..."That medicine helps you ovulate which would help you get pregnant and I don't think pregnancy is right for you right now." Now if my primary doc had said this to me it would have been because he knows my health situation completely. However, I don't think he would ever say this to me. Whats her excuse though is what I want to know. She never asks how the pain because of the cysts are, she doesn't want to do an ultrasound to see if they are growing or shrinking. She sits in her chair, staring at me like I'm the doctor and should be diagnosing myself. Then when I bring up the pain that always happened on my lower right side (which has the most cysts) she says...no its not the cysts, just a muscle pull...I'd like to know something though, is the HORRID pain I go through for a week during the month a muscle pull to? I asked her what else I could do to keep the PCOS under control and relieve the pain. Her response..."hmmmm......exercise? weight loss?" GREAT I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to go and exercise. I would love it even more if I could loose the weight that these stupid health problems have caused me to gain. So I kindly remind her that exercising is very hard and weight gain is also brought on from PCOS. She (like always) just says to get my thyroid under control. She is always just trying to pawn me off onto the endocrinologist. My thyroid is getting under control, it is a slow process but its getting there, now I would just like if my doctor was willing to help me get the PCOS under control. whew...sorry that was a long update after all :)

Other news, Kyles sister got married in late October...has it been that long since I updated? It was a beautiful day for a wedding. Courtney looked so gorgeous! She married Chase Gibson ( Chase and I went to junior high and high school together, him in band, me in orchestra) He is a great guy and so perfect for Courtney. We also have gotten all moved in at my parents house, still trying to get everything organized but so far so good.

I am designing advertisements for my Timeless Designs business. Since I can't hold an everyday job my only hope is my graphic design and Primerica. I would prefer to have more graphic design work than anything else so if anyone knows anyone who is needing something done, please send them my way. It would be so appreciated!

That's all the updates for now, Happy Holidays if I don't post before then!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen I am so sorry to hear all about your horrible experiences with the Dr. I didn't know that you have PCOS. My prayers are with you! PCOS has been ruining a lot of my friends lives lately, so I'm sorry you are going through it! I'm here if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family had some pictures taken but I want them fixed in the background, let me know how to contact you! I don't know if you remember me? Anyway email me k farnelson@yahoo.com. Thanks. Ps I dated Charlie for a few years. Farrah.

    ReplyDelete