Saturday, December 26, 2009

O what a Christmas

Gift shopping for my husband is one of the hardest things to do I've learned. He is so easy going and doesn't need much to make him happy. For Christmas I wanted to get him something besides just clothes and maybe some shoes that he could use. I wanted to get him something that he might be excited about. What did I decide to get him? I got him the Star Wars Clone Wars Wii game and a lightsabre to hook up to the remote. I'm pretty sure he was excited and surprised. I am not one for video games (besides the Wii sports) in fact, I pretty much despise them and think that most of them are just...disgusting (because of all the violence and horrid language) However, Star Wars is not disgusting and he has been working so hard in school I thought he could use something fun to do. He certainly seems to be enjoying it, like a little child. I think that I might have to put a time limit on him...but his play time is also my play time with my new graphics tablet and well...I'm having to much fun playing with it :)
Christmas this year was a new experience. I am not used to having a white Christmas. Kyles family takes turns going up to Show Low with the Walkers and this was our year. It was fun even though we were missing 4 special members of the family. The hit present this year was by far the Nerf guns that Tristen, Kaden, Bryan, Chase, and Courtney all got. We took turns having a battle right there in the house. I have never seen my father in law and brother in law get so into something. They are both very laid back men but with those Nerf guns in their hands, they became like little children. It was very fun to watch and be a part of.
We celebrated Christmas with my parents on Christmas eve night before leaving. I wasn't expecting anything since I had assumed my presents were the clothes I had gotten earlier that week. Kyle surprised me with a $10 gift card to Target which he had won in a white elephant game at the family party. He had put it in a jewelry box to tease me. After teasing him for re-gifting, he pulled out the real box. Inside was a BEAUTIFUL pair of diamond earrings which was totally unexpected. I found out on Christmas that there was yet another present that was waiting at his parents house. I'm learning how sneaky my husband can be when it comes to surprises. He had bought me a shelving unit for my shoes! I know it doesn't sound all that exciting but since we have moved, my shoes have been in a huge box in the garage. It really means so much because of the thought that went into it. He knows how much I love my shoes and how many I have. Thank you Kyle!
I don't know that I was looking forward to Christmas this year, mostly because its the first year without my Grandma. I have always only known one grandma which I considered to be one my very best friends. This year was different without her but I am glad that I was not completely without a Grandma. Kyles Grandma is such a sweetheart and holds such a special place in my heart. I am grateful we were able to be near her for Christmas, it helped make Christmas just a little easier.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment