
I can't believe I haven't posted in 6 months. I kept telling myself I should but then realized I didn't have much to post about. Now that I have put it off so long, there is plenty to tell.
Kyle's first semester of law school was very busy and full of hard work. He really has enjoyed it so far and despite him being gone to school and even mentally gone when he is home (study time) I have enjoyed him being in school. There is no doubt that we made the right choice for us by going to Phoenix School of Law. It has been a great school so far and Kyle is really enjoying it. He has gotten involved in different clubs such as Family Law, Real estate, and the J Reuben Clark Law Society. We had the privilege of attending a function for the J Reuben Clark Law Society which had a panel of judges discussing law and religion. It was so much fun. I got to meet 2 of Kyle's friends that are part of his study group along with their wives. Finals time was not as enjoyable since it took Kyle away even more than usual but it was worth it in the end when we learned that Kyle had done very well on his all his finals. He got the highest grades among his study group and now ranks 55 out of 230 in his class. I could not be more proud of him.
Back in late fall, we found out that my insurance was going to pay for a breast reduction. This was amazing! It is very uncommon for insurance to pay for a breast reduction especially paying for the whole thing (didn't cost us a cent) A breast reduction was something that I had talked to many doctors about and the majority had told me there was no way to get insurance to pay for it so I might as well not even try. My new doctor agreed that it most likely wouldn't happen but was willing to send a note to insurance explaining that it was medically necessary. He also sent me to a plastic surgeon to get her opinion. That appointment was somewhat disappointing and a big eye opener. She thought I was a great candidate for breast reduction but with such a great family history of breast cancer she wanted me to get genetically tested for breast cancer. Her recommendation was to consider a mastectomy with reconstructive surgery if the testing came back positive. I couldn't believe that I was having to consider that at such a young age. After a great deal of thought, we decided to just go ahead with a breast reduction and to cross the cancer path later on down the road if it came our way. I had the surgery on the 14th on January. I never felt nervous. In fact, I more felt nervous about the fact that I wasn't nervous (if that makes any sense) Surgery went very well with no complications. I stayed in the hospital over night and was released early afternoon the next day. The last 6 weeks have been long but have flown by at the same time. I have had many restrictions such as no cooking, cleaning, any physical activity, and not lifting anything over 10 pounds. I did end up having a bad reaction to the medical tape and then a reaction to the neosporn that was used to heal the reaction to the tape. That caused some other issues which put my recovery a little behind. It took forever for my stitches to dissolve and the ends to pop off. Despite that, this surgery has truly been a miracle for me. The second I got out of the recovery room I no longer had the shoulder muscle
pain I have always had due to having a large chest. The headaches have significantly decreased. Overall I just feel BETTER and for me that is huge. The fact that old clothes fit and I can get into smaller sizes is just an added bonus :)
We are looking forward to 2011. So far we have been blessed to have our new nephew Ryder Nelson Gibson come into the world on Feb. 1st. He is absolutely adorable!


On Feb. 17th the last of the Packer siblings, Bryan, was married in the Mesa Temple to Brittany Campbell. This also means that we have a new niece. Emma. We couldn't be happier to have them in our family.


This summer we will have another handsome bundle of joy join the Packer family. Kyle's older sister Tiffany and her husband Adam are expecting their 3rd baby boy due July 4th.
BUT WAIT! Thats not it! Kyle's oldest brother Jason and his wife Stephanie are also expecting their 3rd child in mid October.
Our nieces and nephews are always the cutest and we can't wait to meet the 2 new cutest additions to the Packer family.
We had the opportunity to go up to Seattle for Bryan and Brittany's wedding reception. We enjoyed our vacation surrounded by family. However, the next time we go to Washington it will be late spring or summer. It was way to cold! We went to the temple grounds which were beautiful and covered in snow.


We also went to the Space Needle which had awesome views and about 60mph winds!


I am glad to be home though and am excited to be able to return to my "normal" activities. I'm sure Kyle still wishes he was on vacation since mid-terms started the day after we got back.
We hope everyone is doing well!

Taken from the plane with my new awesome camera!

So glad everything is going well for your family!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a packed post! :) you have a beautiful family!
ReplyDelete