Saturday, January 16, 2010

To many emotions for words...or faces

Lets see if I can find pictures of all the faces that reflect how I am feeling.

In 76 hours it will officially be the start of a new semester and a farewell to my husband for the next 5 months until school is out for the summer. Last semester was a little better in the sense that Kyle got to be home Monday, Wednesday, and Friday but was doing homework all day into the night, at least I still got to see him. So this is my worried face, worried that I won't get to see my husband nearly as much as I want to and worried about how his last semester at ASU will go. We know he will have a ton of homework and on top of that he is doing an internship at the Mesa Prosecutors office. This is my thankful face (all I could find) thankful that he got a great internship, in a familiar environment with people who are so excited to have him back.
This would have to be my annoyed look. I am slightly annoyed because I was all signed up for school. I’m taking it slow this semester as to not over stress my body. I had my schedule planned out with an institute class before my Intro to Computer Graphics class. The other day I went on the MCC website only to learn that I had been dropped from my class without any prior warning. Since all the morning and afternoon classes are now filled, I am stuck with taking the class on Wed night from 7:00-9:00. I will still take my institute class on Mon. and Wed. morning. This would be my excited face because even though I don’t have the schedule I would like, I am excited to start school again.

I am not one to write when I am upset (I don’t think it’s a good idea) and I’m not horribly upset, maybe more like frustrated and disappointed. So here is that face I LOVE my friends!!!! I would do almost anything for them and I have always been one who wants to help as much as I can and usually I don’t care what happens to me and my feelings in the process. I am realizing though that as much as I want to stand in holy places, I need friends who are willing to stand with me in holy places. I need uplifting, positive, mature friends who will be a good influence to me. Lately I have been feeling like some of the friends closest to me are drifting away to a place where they can not be surrounded by the spirit and in this process, I am subject to their…not so pleasant…words. When this happens, what do I do? Should I be patient? Should I think of myself and how those things affect me? If that’s the case, do I stop being friends with them? I love being a shoulder to cry on, the person that my friends feel comfortable coming to with their problems. I WANT TO HELP! Unfortunately I have become frustrated after having SO many friends come to me with marital and life problems. Mostly I am frustrated that people in difficult situations seem to just want to vent and vent and vent some more but never want to CHANGE THEIR SITUATION! I am all for taking control and changing your situation if your not happy. Friends please don’t get the wrong idea. I love you and I want you to still come to me. However, I would love it if first if you knelt down and had a heart to heart with your Heavenly Father.
Once again, here is my thankful face. I am so thankful for those friends that are good influences in my life, who are such a joy to be around, and to those that let me vent to you every once in a while. Most importantly I am thankful to my husband who is the world’s greatest listener! He is always so calm and thinks things through (even if it takes 20 min) before giving me advice. I LOVE YOU KYLE!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Jen for writing how you feel! A person can only take so much when others are bringing them down through their actions or words. It's hard when you are already dealing with health issues, too. I have a hard enough time being positive without others bringing me down!

    ReplyDelete